Thursday 22 December 2011

The Gift of Giving

Well the days might be getting longer now but it doesn't feel noticeable quite yet! Our winter solstice party was lovely yesterday and full of home cooked food and warming drinks. I've finally given out some of my home made presents so I can blog about them now without ruining the surprise!

I love giving many little presents rather than one big gift so I settled on a selection of home made goodies for my friends in little crocheted baskets. The baskets did take a while but it was worth it seeing the final result. I used green gardeners twine for the boxes because it's a bit firmer than wool and stand up better-and it's lots cheaper! With a red wool handle sewn on they looked very festive.

Inside the baskets I had home made gingerbread biscuits, felt Christmas Tree decorations, a pot of home planted crocus bulbs and a mini bottle of (European) wine and some mulling spice mix I'd  mixed up so that they can each have a glass of mulled wine later in the festive season.

This goody bag took quite a lot of time, effort and planning but not much money at all, maybe just over a fiver, but I know it will bring smiles straight away (the gingerbread is yummy) and further in the new year as the bulbs begin to grow, and finally in future years when the decorations are put up. It's nice to know that a present will last longer than February, except the gingerbread of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment