Wednesday 16 May 2012

A Day Without Screens



Yesterday was a day for relaxing (it was a day off rather than a day avoiding work!) and it was great. A while ago I wrote about avoiding the computer and getting outside more and I certainly managed to find lots of things to do without the computer or television yesterday.

In the morning (after putting out the rubbish and food recycling) we headed for the town of Clitheroe to look around and explore. I'd never been before but it's lovely. We climbed up to the castle and looked out across the surround hills. This year is the 400th anniversary of the Pendle witch trials so it was interesting to be able to see Pendle Hill clearly.

Below the castle there's Lancashire's only labyrinth, thoughtfully in the shape of a tree. I'm sure it's a lovely green tree in the middle of winter.



Back at home I started on a new crotchet project using my new book 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit and Crotchet. It's a brilliant combination of wildlife and crafts, what could be better! I've already made three sweetpea flowers and a nettle leaf but it will take me a while to get good enough to attempt the blue tit. But for those days when it's too cold and wet to venture outside it's a fun way to bring nature inside.


  75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet

So, lots a great activities without a computer in sight! Hopefully lots more days like this to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment