Thursday 12 January 2012

Getting the Wheels Turning

I've finally made some progress with my trip to work. It takes 45 minutes to walk, ten minutes to drive and I estimate about 25 minuets to cycle. Over the weekend I bought front and back bike lights and I've taken the florescent yellow reflective jacket out of the car ready to wear on dark mornings and evenings.

 Today is my first day cycling to work. Thankfully it's not on busy roads but through local streets and across a park. Also at 6:30am I'm unlikely to see that many cars around! By cycling I can avoid the long walk but still get to work under  my own steam without resorting to the warmth of the car. I'm hoping it isn't raining but if it is at least I'll be outside for less time and have my big yellow coat to protect me.

There are lots of cycling schemes promoting biking to work such as this and this. I've also found a useful list of tops tips for cycling to work here and there are so many articles on cycling that I don't even know where to start. There's also a slightly worrying article linking cycling to work with heart attacks, but I won't read it until I'm safely home for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment